20 March 2012

Design a Recliner

I took the day off from studies. Well, kinda. I met with Susie Low-Beer about doing a mandala garden in her front yard as part of the Village Building Convergence in May. I am going to design and install the garden for her and teach a workshop.

Today Susie and I came up with a plan to do a yin-yang garden, filled with medicinals and surrounded by fruits like figs, kiwi, currants. I think it is going to be a lot of fun!

We are also going to do a sister-workshop at Brenna's house, part of the Portland Collective Housing project. It will be interesting because the microclimates of the two sites are very different but both households want attractive, productive perennial gardens. More to come on that one...








Today I went down to the farm and picked up a few things. I miss being out in the country, chopping wood, hanging out with little baby plants all day. Agriculture makes these rainy days of early spring go by so fast. Hopefully the Equinox will bring some sunshine.


No comments: