14 May 2012

Top 5 Books About Writing

The more I study, the more I work and garden and interact with people, the more I travel and learn and play music, the more it becomes clear to me that my central identity is that of a writer. If the way I am remembered is as a bringer of stories, then I will consider that a life well spent.

These are the books that I return to again and again when I need inspiration, motivation, or a new perspective on what it means to be a writer. Find these books, read them and do the exercises they recommend. And let us give voice to ourselves and each other!

Top 5 Books About Writing

1. Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury

2. On Writing by Stephen King

3. Telling Lies for Fun and Profit by Lawrence Block

4. Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg

5. The Right to Write by Julia Cameron

No comments: